Pages

Friday, November 9, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownies (Split Personality Treats)

I found this picture on pinterest and fell in love with the idea of marrying Chocolate Chip Cookies with Brownies. Sadly I pinned before I checked the link. When I went back to find the recipe I realized that the picture led here. Not to a recipe at all!
 
Bummer!
 
SO I just figured it out myself. First I preheated my oven to 350.
 
 
I had a box of Duncan Hines Walnut Brownie mix in the pantry so I went with that for the brownie layer. You could make yours from scratch or be like me and use a box. :o)
 
I sprayed two standard sized muffin pans with a little bit of Pam. (Mine are silicone and yield 6 each)
I scooped a little more than a TBLS of brownie batter into each muffin cup and then put them in the freezer to firm up a bit while I made my Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. If I'd had pre-made dough I would have used that but I didn't so I made it from scratch.
 
Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 eggs
1 cup butter or good quality margarine
1/2 cup granulated white sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
2 3/4 cup flour
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
 
Cream the butter, sugars, baking soda, cornstarch & salt together until smooth. Add half the flour and mix until just combined, then add the remaining flour and mix again until combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Pop the bowl into the fridge and let it sit while you deal with the brownie layer.
Next I pulled out the muffins pans from the freezer where the brownie batter was firming up a bit. I then used my fingers to press the batter into the bottoms of the muffin cups and up the sides just a little. You want to create a little crater for the cookie dough to nestle in.
 
Pop the muffins pans into the oven for about 10 minutes to give the brownies a head start.
When the 10 minutes are up, pull the pans out and let them sit for just a minute to cool off a bit. Mostly just because you don't want to accidentally burn yourself on the pan when you scoop about a tablespoon and a half of the cookie dough into each little brownie crater.
Once you've filled all 12 craters, put them back in the oven for 12-15 minutes. That's it. Simple.
 
Here they are sitting pretty...
 
Hubbins prefers his desserts to be chilly, so I put these little split personality treats into the fridge. Whether or not you do the same is totally up to you. I hope you try them out. Store bought cookie dough and brownie batter would make this a super fast and easy dessert that still looks like you put some effort into it. Ha!
 
What's your favorite dessert?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you will...but please be nice. My Mom might read this.