Pages

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Burbank Pasta

This is my version of a dish I have when we visit Hubbins parents. Its called 3p at an Italian restaurant that we also order pizza from. It's delicious. The original has Peas, Parmesan and Prosciutto hence 3p. It's really, very tasty.

I was craving it just the other day and had similar but not quite the same ingredients on hand. So I improvised...with really tasty results. That's what I love about pasta. Just toss and eat.
 
Again, this is not a low fat dish. You could probably make it low fat. If you are so inclined. I'm usually not. But that's just me. Don't be like me.
 
This is for one serving. Because sometimes the kids are at school and Hubbins is at the office. And I really need some pasta and cheese and peas.
Its a really simple recipe though and can easily be doubled or tripled etc... to feed however many hungries you have in your house.
 
You will need (per person)
 
1.5 cups cooked spaghetti
1/2 cup diced ham
1/2 cup frozen but now thawed peas
1 tbs butter
1/3 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup shredded Dubliner cheese. (if you haven't yet had this delicious gift from the gods, now is a good time.)
red pepper flakes
 
For the Sauce
Melt the butter in a medium saucepan, ideally the one you used to boil your pasta. Less dishes to do, ya know.
Once the butter is melted and sizzling in the bottom of your saucepan add in the diced ham. Let it cook for a few minutes and then add the cream. Next you stir in the cheese and let it get all melty and wonderful.
 
Then you just add the cooked spaghetti and the peas to the sauce. Toss it all together and add a healthy shake of some red pepper.
 
Doesn't get much easier than that.
 
Let me know what you think and if you try it, take pictures...I  can't seem to remember that part. :o)
 
Enjoy
 
k
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you will...but please be nice. My Mom might read this.